Tourism in Orléans and the Loire valley
a city of art and history
When staying in our hotel in Orléans, you will easily be able to explore the city and its surroundings. Empreinte Hôtel is, in fact, located in the historic centre of Orléans, a city that is accessible via a network of motorways making travel from Paris or to La Sologne, via the châteaux of the Loire Valley.
Take a look at some of our suggested excursions, activities and outings. And please feel free to ask the hotel staff for recommendations throughout your stay in the Loiret region.
In Orléans, don't miss
- The historic city centre
- The monuments: the Sainte-Croix Cathedral, the Saint-Aignan crypt, the Minimes convent and the bridges.
- The museums: the Orléans Historic and Archaeological Museum, the Fine Art Museum, the Natural Sciences Museum and others.
- The Maison de Jeanne d’ArcCultural and artistic sites: the Centre Charles Péguy, the FRAC, the Saint-Pierre le Puellier collegiate churc, the Galerie of Garage, Empreinte Galerie...
- Culinary specialities: cotignac, mustard, vinegar, fruit macaroons, Orléans wines and the Cendré d’Olivet cheese for starters.
- The La Source floral park: flower collections, a butterfly house and night visits.
- The Ile Charlemagne: a 70 hectare leisure park laid out around a lake with a beach, a play area for children, beach volleyball, basketball, handball and pétanque courts, windsurfing, swimming, canoeing, a treetop adventure course and a water park. You can cycle to it from the hotel.The Forest of Orléans, the banks of the Loire…
Going out in Orléans
Empreinte Hôtel enjoys a perfect location. As it is on the banks of the Loire River, at our hotel you are protected from the hustle and bustle of the city. And yet the historic centre of Orléans is right at our doorstep and a great place to go out in the evening.
Just a few minutes walk from our hotel you’ll find restaurants, brasseries, cafés and terraces… The neighbourhood also has plenty of shops, a cinema complex, the Halles Châtelet shopping centre, a theatre and much more. Any time is a good time to enjoy a stroll along the banks of the Loire.
Feel free to ask to ask for recommendations at reception.
Visit Orléans a "different" way
With the GéoMOTifs app your strolls will take on a whole new dimension.MORE INFORMATION
At the gateway to la Sologne
Get some fresh air in La Sologne. With its forests and ponds, this area is part of the Natura 2000 network. You can walk in the forest, you can swim in the Cher or in one of the many ponds in the area and you can go fishing or hunting, among other activities.
Golf lovers are amply catered for, especially the Sologne golf course at La Ferté-Saint-Aubin. This 18-hole course (5,971 m, par 71) is laid out on more than 200 hectares.
Those keen to practice their swing should also take a look at the following courses:
- Orléans Donnery
And don't forget to visit Beauval ZooParc too! It is located in the Loir-et-Cher, 90 minutes from Orléans. This is a trip that will delight both children and grown-ups.
Make the most of your stay in Orléans by attending one of the major events in the city and the surrounding area:
- The Fêtes Johanniques are a celebration dedicated to Joan of Arc and the liberation of Orléans
- The Festival de Loire is held every other September in Orléans and celebrates the life and trades of the waterways
- The Orléans Jazz Festival is an international event that takes place in Orléans in June
- The Fête des Duits is held in Orléans in August
- The Festival de Sully et du Loiret is an international classical music festival held in Sully-sur-Loire
- The Fête de la Fange, held in Sully-sur-Loire in September, is dedicated to hunting, fishing and nature
The Loire river
The longest river in France passes right under our windows. This is a chance to explore its meandering course on foot, on bike or in a boat... You could even climb aboard a traditional vessel for a waterway tour with a service-provider located just opposite Empreinte Hôtel. On fine days, the quays are also home to "guinguettes", fun little outdoor café bars.
Sporty visitors can set out and explore the Loire on foot and, above all, by bike. EuroVelo 6 and the "La Loire à Vélo" cycle paths pass through Orléans. With these you can follow the course of the river on paths specially designed for bicycle touring. Empreinte Hôtel has earned the "Accueil Vélo" label.
So set off and explore the Loire Valley, listed as a UNESCO world heritage site.
Orléans is the perfect starting point for exploring the châteaux of the Loire Valley and immersing yourself in the history of France.
We recommend :
- La Ferté Saint-Aubin (21 km)
- Meung-Sur-Loire (25 km)
- Beaugency (30 km)
- Chamerolles (32 km)
- Sully-Sur-Loire (43 km)
- Talcy(47 km)
- Chambord (54 km)
- Blois(61 km)
- Cheverny (74 km)
- Villesavin (75 km)
- Chaumont Sur-Loire (79 km)
- Amboise (103 km)
- Chenonceau (113 km)
In the centre of Orléans,
on the banks of the Loire river
Located in Orléans, Empreinte Hôtel welcomes you on the banks of the Loire, Quai du Châtelet. In the very heart of the historic centre and just 50 minutes from Paris, you will be staying in a listed "Town of Art and History" city.
Make the most of this advantageous location to discover all the city's treasures: the Sainte-Croix Cathedral, the Maison de Jeanne d’Arc and the Fine Art museum among others.
You can also explore the Loire, a river that flows through the city’s history and which is listed by UNESCO as a world heritage site. It will take you all the way to the famous Loire Valley châteaux such as Meung-sur-Loire, Talcy, Chambord and Blois.
50 minutes from Paris
By train, Orléans is just 50 minutes from Paris (Austerlitz Station) - a great opportunity to visit the capital, its museums, its monuments, its department stores and quaint shops…
In Orléans, the tramway links the TGV train station to the city centre. In Paris, Austerlitz Station (13th arrondissement) is served by Metro lines 5 and 10 and the RER C which takes you to Versailles.
How to get there ?
80 Quai du Châtelet